Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday's Athletic Conditioning Class

This is what I did with my AC Class Monday morning.  Keep in mind that I have a stress fracture in my foot (ugh, such a bummer!)...no running or jumping for me...I forced my poor class to suffer right along with me: no running or jumping for them either!  So, I had to get a bit creative.  What total body/multi-joint moves can you do that don't involve anything below the knee??  Hmmmm, LOTS of squatting and shoulder work...ouch.


AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) in 4 Minutes of:
*10 Wall Balls (10 lb. Med Ball)
*10 ea. leg of Split Squat Wall Balls (do not switch legs b/w reps, all 10 on one side then switch, throw ball horizontally directly at wall (not overhead))
*10 total Push-Up to Row (10 to 15 lb. dumbbells)
*Single Arm Snatch (using one 15 lb. dumbbell)

-perform 2 rounds of this 4 min. AMRAP workout with one minute of rest in between sets, then do rounds 3 and 4 with same AMRAP/time scheme, just alter the exercises to:
*10 Double-Dip Wall Balls (2 squats for every overhead throw of the med ball)
*10 ea. leg of Split Squat Wall Balls
*Rolling Med Ball Push-Ups
*Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (two 15 lb. dumbbells)

-this ends up being 4 x 4 min of work, with 1 minute of rest between sets...for a total of 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment