Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Sick Day WOD


*Today's WOD at CrossFit Camarillo (written by Casey Metoyer) was a nasty 7 minute sprint:
7 Min. AMRAP -
*3 x Deadlift (adv: 275/185, int: 135/95, beg: 95/65)
*4 x Box Over Jump (24/20)
*5 x Chin-Up

*I was sick with congestion, fever, sore throat yesterday afternoon and evening, so I just plain didn't have the "go all-out" mentality required for this WOD today.  Though my body wasn't capable of max effort, I wanted to get some quality work in...mainly because I need that for sanity.  I did the following workout below, instead:

10 Rounds -
*3 x Deadlift (185)
*4 x Box Over Jump (24)
*5 x Dead Hang Chin-Up

-I went for rounds instead of time today, so that I didn't feel the need to race.  I just went at a steady pace and finished in just over 11 minutes.  I also changed the Chin-Ups to dead hang, because I rely on my kip so heavily on a regular basis.  It is so important to constantly build strength in the lats, traps, pecs, rhomboids, biceps and triceps in order to maintain shoulder health and safety in kipping exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment