Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

"THE FOUR" for the Fourth Time


*I've taught this class 4 times now...to different groups of people in different parts of the country....and it KILLS me every time I do it.  I've finished this workout every time I've done it, but only just before time is called.  This version of "The Four" has been changed slightly; a few minor changes have made it even tougher. Expect a sprint to the finish; it's you vs. the clock!

Equip: Set of DBs (a: 25/20, i: 20/15, b: 15/10), KB (a: 70/53, i: 53/35, b: 35/18), Rower

WARM-UP:
*Active Stretch
-then:
1x Thru:
*200m Row
*200m Run
*20 x Air Squat
*20 x Push-Up
*20 x Lunge

"THE FOUR"
4 Rounds for Time (50:00 time cap):
(2 Rounds must be all rowing; 2 Rounds must be all running)
(set cones 11m apart (44m = 4 lengths; 33m = 3 lengths; 22m = 2 lengths; 11m = 1 length)
*400m Row or Run
*44m x DB Bear Crawl (Rx+: Fwd. there/ Bkwd. back)
*300m Row or Run
*33m x Forward Traveling Star Jump
*200m Row or Run
*22m x 1-Arm OH Walking KB Lunge (R arm there/ L arm back)
*100m Row or Run
*11m x alt. Pistol Walk (Rx+: Weighted (1 DB held goblet style))

NOTE: I taught this workout as a Conditioning class twice this morning, and only one person completed "The Four" within the 50:00 time limit each of those class periods.  Do NOT feel bad if you can't finish this thing in time!...think of it more as a 50 Min. AMRAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment