Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Post-Tahoe Torture"



I just got back from a week-long family vacation in Lake Tahoe yesterday evening.  Today, my husband, Joe, and I decided to have a go at a "back-at-it" workout after 7 days of NO CrossFit.  Below is what we attempted, and it was not pretty.

Note: This is a greatly altered "Monster Mash" WOD (originally programmed by Pat Sherwood and done by some of my favorite CrossFit Camarillo members in my absence).

Complete For Time -

21-15-9 x
*Squat Clean (135/95)
*Push Press (135/95)

-no rest-
*500m Row
-no rest-

3 Rounds -
*15 x Wall Ball (20/14)
*12 x Chest-2-Bar Pull-Up
*9 x Strict Handstand Push-Up
*6 x Toes-2-Bar
*3 x Muscle-Up (on rings)

-no rest-
*500m Row
-no rest-

5 Rounds -
*20 x KB Swing (70/53)
*20 x Burpee

-no rest-
*500m Row
-DONE!!!!!!-

No comments:

Post a Comment