Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Filming of My First Internet Workout Video

Julio and I filmed our first two videos today.  I was a nervous wreck, but once filming started, I was good to go.  The first video was just an introduction; it was a still shot of me talking about myself, my history, my qualifications, and what makes me different as a trainer/ workout video gal.  The second video is of our first Workout of the Week (W.O.W.).  It includes footage of me completing the workout, myself, and of explanations of each exercise, as well as explanations of modifications of each exercise for beginners.  This workout looked easy to me on paper when I planned it, but boy oh boy, was it a doozy!  Working out in front of one guy with a camera and under some hot photo lights might have made it just a bit more intense, too=)  See below for the written breakdown of the workout.  

These first two videos should post one week from this Monday: April 25th.  

If you give this one a go, let me know how you do...what was your time, and how did it feel?  See my times/ results at the bottom of this post.  Aim to near, match, beat my times.  I especially want to hear from those of you who beat me!!...I might have to pick up some training tips from you next time=)

Workout of the Week (W.O.W.) #1: Exercise Pairing Count-Up/ Count-Down
Equipment: DBs or soup cans, Jump Rope (optional), paper plate (optional)
Part A: Complete Sections 1 and 2 AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE ("FOR TIME")
#1:
*10 to 1 of: Burpees 
*1 to 10 of: Squat Thrusters (w/ heavy dumbbells, soup cans, etc.)
#2:
*100-80-60-40-20 of: Jump Rope
*10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 2 of: Split Squat Thrusters (w/ heavy dumbbells, soup cans, etc.)
REST AND RECOVER - 3 TO 5 MINUTES
Part B: Complete Sections 1 and 2 AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE ("FOR TIME")
#1: 
*10 to 1 of: Burpee Jacks 
*1 to 10 of: Single Leg Squats (option: w/ 1 paper plate)
#2:
*100-80-60-40-20 of: Jump Rope
*10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 2 ea. leg of: SDLHP w/ alternating Leg Lift (w/ heavy dumbbells, soup cans, etc.)
Part A took Erin 11 minutes and 21 seconds
Part B took Erin 13 minutes and 36 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment