Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Thought For The Day

I and three other amazing instructors (Leonard Wheeler, Elizabeth Kapsiak, and Monica Patterson) taught the Weekend Warrior Bootcamp this weekend at the Siskey YMCA in Matthews, NC.  We had fantastic weather, a great crowd, and crazy challenging sessions both Saturday and Sunday.

The YMCA tradition is to have its group exercise instructors read an inspirational/ religious thought for the day after each class.  At the end of Saturday's session, I read the following quote to our Weekend Warriors:


"Whatever we truly love - our friends, our family, beauty and goodness - it is a gift of love from God.  Cherish these gifts.  Enjoy them.  Return trust with trust.  Return love with love...and stay loose. He loves you the way He made you."
                                                    -Louis I. Bannan, S.J. (1914-1998)




Father Lou Bannan, a Jesuit priest and long time teacher and counselor at Santa Clara University, was my great uncle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment