Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Parkin' It

Above: Cards WOD app icon


*This is the no-equipment workout I did in the park in the 35 min. window I had before picking my son up from preschool this morning.
*If you're looking for an easy way to do a Deck of Cards workout, I highly recommend the $1.99 investment in the iPad/ iPhone app, called "Cards WOD."

DECK of CARDS -
HEARTS: Squat Jump to Knee-Slap Tuck Jump
CLUBS: 10m Shuttle Run (ea. 10m length = 1 rep)
SPADES: alternating Pistol (Single-Leg Squat)
DIAMONDS: Hand-Release Push-Up FOR FORM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h2TUz2eod4)
JOKER #1: 100 x Side Plank Hold + Lateral Leg Raise (hold plank atop one hand)
JOKER #2: 10 x Arial (no-handed cartwheel) AND 10 x Back Walk-Over (note: I was a gymnast, so I should  be able to do these crazy tricks; sub a gymnastic movement that you can do or want to learn here (i.e. 10 reps of Kick to Handstand, Cartwheel, 10 sec. Bridge Hold, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment