Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Friday, June 24, 2011

An "Easier" Erin Workout

Below is my plan for a Cardio Strength class I will be subbing at Harris next Tuesday (6/30) at 8:30am.  When I sub for another instructor, I try to tone down the difficulty of my workouts so as to land somewhere in the intermediate range of intensity.  Let me know if you think I succeeded or failed at that with this one.

EQUIP: Mat, Heavy Dumbbells, Gliders
WARM-UP:
3 x thru: Squat Series (5 x Full Squat; 5 x 1/4-up Squat; 5 x 1/2-up Squat; 5 x 3/4-up Squat)
ABS:
*45 sec. Suitcase Crunch
*45 sec. Elbow Plank Knee Touches
*45 sec. Bicycles
*45 sec. Elbow Plank Knee Touches
*45 sec. Straight Leg Bicycles
MAIN SET:
*60s-50s-40s: Mtn. Climb Glide
*12-10-8 ea.: Single-Arm Clean and Jerk (ground to OH)
*1 min. Shuffle-Shuffle-Touch w/ 1 DB
*60s-50s-40s: alternating Gliding Side Lunge 
*12-10-8: alternating Single-Leg Side Swipe Push-Up
*1 min. Shuffle-Shuffle-DB Squat Swing
*60s-50s-40s: Hammy Runners
*12-10-8: Round House Squat
*1 min. Shuffle-Shuffle-Touch
*60s-50s-40s: Plank Jack
*12-10-8: Front Lunge R/L + Palm-In OH Press
*1 min. Shuffle-Shuffle-DB Squat Swing
*60s-50s-40s: Yoga Bum Glide (mod: single-leg)
*12-10-8 ea.: Single-Leg Scale Fly (mod: toe down on floor in back, double-leg)
*1 min. Shuffle-Shuffle-Touch
*60s-40s-30s: Glider Tuck-Ins
*12-10-8 ea. arm: Single-Arm Squat Thruster
*1 min. Shuffle-Shuffle-DB Squat Swing
STRETCH:

No comments:

Post a Comment