Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Tonight's Boot Camp Plan


I teach my second to last Ballantyne Corporate Park Boot Camp this evening from 5:30-6:15pm.  However, if the weather doesn't want to cooperate (90 degrees or warmer), then I'll have to cancel the class (per YMCA policy).  If you are considering attending this class, just call the front desk at the Ballantyne Village YMCA at around 4/ 4:30pm to find out if class is on or not (704.716.4680).

Below is my plan for boot camp tonight.  Whether I end up hosting class or not, I will be doing this one, myself...even if in my own back yard.  I need the stress release...we are in the midst of moving our home (the movers have come in like a tornado!!!).


WARM-UP:
*Jacks
*Jack-Touch
*Low Jack
*Low Jack Hop
HILL:
*10 Burpee at bottom of hill - Run Up
*9 Burpee at top of hill - Run Down
*8 Burpee at bottom of hill - Run Up
-all the way down to 1
SHUTTLE RUN:
*100 Ankle Hops - Run there/ back 10x
*90 Ankle Hops - Run there/ back 9x
-all the way down to 10 and 1x
HILL:
*10 S-S Jump to Sumo Squat Jump at bottom of hill - Bear Crawl Up (Fwd or Bkwd)
*9 S-S Jump to Sumo Squat Jump at top of hill - Run Down
*8 S-S Jump to Sumo Squat Jump at bottom of hill - Bear Crawl Up (Fwd or Bkwd)
-all the way down to 1
SHUTTLE RUN:
*10 Push-Ups - Run there/ back 10x
*9 Push-Ups - Run there/ back 9x
-all the way down to 10 and 1x
CURB PLYOS:
*1 min. x Squat (fingertips touch ground)-Jump Up to Curb-Land in Squat (fingertips touch)
*1 min. ea. x Single-Leg Box Jump
*1 min. ea. x Single-Leg Push-Offs
*1 min. x Depth Jump (jump off of curb, land and absorb in a deep squat)

No comments:

Post a Comment