Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Friday, August 19, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything - Sprints, Plyos, Power and Heavy Lifting


You may recognize part of this workout from something I posted on Monday ("Med Ball Run").  I never had a chance to do it myself, so I gave it a go out on the track at the Siskey Y today...yikes, it was brutal.  I finished that bit of metabolic conditioning, then went inside to do some lifting.  I left the gym this morning knowing that I'd worked my body in just about every way possible...very satisfying. See the workout breakdown below.

MED BALL RUN:
10 Rounds -

  • 100m Med Ball Sprint (run all out, holding MB centered chest high)
  • 10 x Slam Ball Jump Squat (squat and touch MB to floor, jump up while shooting MB up overhead)
  • 10 x Med Ball Push-Up (hands atop MB, push-up)
  • 30 sec. Rest (rest should be insufficient for recovery; STAY breathless throughout workout!)
STRENGTH/ PLYO/ POWER SUPERSET:
5 Rounds -

FINISHER:
*10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 x Burpee
*1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 x Inverted Burpee (tuck roll to handstand or donkey kick)(video; fast fwd. to about 10 or 20 sec. in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSniT95zU7c&NR=1)

No comments:

Post a Comment