Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Living Room Carpet Crusher



I have a full day of stay-at-home mommy duties today...first day at a new school for my kindergartner, testing for my preschooler, grocery shopping, unpacking boxes, etc., etc.  So, I had an hour at home to get some sort of a workout in...the only equipment I had access to was my jump rope and a towel.  See below for the fun!

WARM-UP:
*Active Stretch

SET #1:
For 10 Minutes -
*At the Top of Ea. Minute: 10 x Burpee
     -In Whatever Time Remains of Each Minute: Hold Elbow Plank


SET #2:
For 10 Minutes -
*At the Top of Ea. Minute: 15 x V-Up
     -In Whatever Time Remains of Each Minute: Hold Plank (on hands)

SET #3:
For 10 Minutes -
*At the Top of Ea. Minute:  20 x Lunge Jump (challenge: arms locked out straight overhead)
     -In Whatever Time Remains of Each Minute: Hold Elbow Plank

SET #4:
For 10 Minutes -
*At the Top of Ea. Minute:  50 x Double-Under
     -In Whatever Time Remains of Each Minute: Hold Plank (on hands)

No comments:

Post a Comment