Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Morning Quickie


I had to squeeze my workout into a tiny 45 minute window between school drop-off and the arrival of the furniture repair guy at my home.  See below for today's "quickie:"

WARM-UP:
PART A (Inspired by CrossFit Del Ray Beach):
*50 x Double-Under
*5 x DB Man Maker (20's)
*10 lengths x 10m Shuttle Run

PART B:
*Treadmill Tabata (set Speed to 8.0 MPH and Incline to 10%)
-8 Rounds (4 min.) of 20 sec. ON/ 10 sec. OFF
-----------------------------------------------------------

PLATE LADDER:
(I used a 35 lb. Bumper Plate throughout)
20-18-16-14-12-10 x
*Burpee
*Plate Front Squat
*Plate Ground-to-Overhead (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABmWLPHK1I)
*Plate Windshield Wiper (1 Rep = down center - up to the right - down center - up to the left - down center)

No comments:

Post a Comment