Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Sister Workout


Hah!  The last time I posted a "sister workout," I had planned to do it with my dear sis, Anna, the next morning at 5:30am.  Well, human as we are, we bailed on each other and it never got done.  This time around, though, I waited to post the "sister workout" until we'd actually completed it.  It's in the books; we got it done this morning at 5:30am.

Here's the workout breakdown:
(A special thanks to my pal, Liz Naum, for introducing me to the popular CrossFit AMRAP pattern used below.  I think it's one of the hardest ones out there.  I dread it every time I do it to myself.)




WARM-UP:
*Run through every loop of our neighborhood (~1/3 mile)
     -On the way out: 10 Air Squats at each and every corner
     -On the way back: 5 Push-Ups at each and every corner
3 Rounds:
*40 x Low Jacks (last 10 reps: Low Jack to Sumo Hop) (=jumping jacks in sumo squat)
*4 x Wall Climb (OR Super Decline Push-Up)
4 Rounds: 3 min. AMRAP, 1 min. REST
*5 x DB Squat Clean (20 lb. DBs - Erin; 8 lb. DBs - Anna)
*4 x Man Maker (15 lb. DBs - Erin, 8 lb. DBs - Anna)
*3 x Snatch (55 lb. bar - Erin, 8 lb. DBs - Anna)

STRETCH:

No comments:

Post a Comment