Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Box Bonanza


I have an appointment this morning and won't be able to workout until later in the day; the workout below is what I plan to do with myself this afternoon.  I have to admit, though, that I HATE not being able to get my workout over with in the morning.  I may or may not end up motivating myself to do this one at home.  I figured, though, that typing my plan up and posting it online will hold me accountable...we'll see!

WARM-UP:
*100-80-60-40-20 ea. leg x Single-Leg Jump Rope
*50-40-30-20-10 ea. leg x Single-Leg Low Box Step-Up Repeaters (all R leg 1st, then all L leg; arms pump like a sprinter)
METABOLIC CONDITIONING: NO rest; go breathless from start to finish
10-9-8-6-7-5-4-3-2-1 x
*Man Maker
*Inverted Burpee (Tuck Roll to Handstand)(modification: Tuck Roll to Donkey Kick) (mod: Sit on Floor-Stand-Donkey Kick)
STRENGTH:
4 Rounds - Only rest comes b/w rounds (1 min.)
*10 x SDLHP (55 lb. barbell OR heavy dumbbells)
*10 x See-Saw Single-Leg Stiff Leg DLHP (55 lb. barbell OR heavy dumbbells)(alternating legs ea. rep)
*10 x Super High Box Jump (> 24 in.) (or just use a stair at home)
*10 ea. x Single-Leg Super High Step-Up (> 24 in.) (or just use a dining room chair at home)
ABS: Seated on floor w/ Bosu right up vs. your bum/ low back; Use Bosu to allow back to arch b/w ea. rep (greater-than-full-range-of-motion crunches!)
2 x thru
*1 min. x Bosu Crunch
*1 min. x Torso Twist Bosu Crunch
*1 min. x S-L Bosu Tuck-In
*1 min. x S-L Bosu Pike-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment