Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Great Idea From One of YOU!



Here's a great idea (variation on the CrossFit Mile Run I used in last week's Sunday Athletic Conditioning class) from one of my class participants (Joey Canady): "Did a modified version of this run today. 1/2 mile warmup jog, then 6x400 intervals with 10 lunges and 10 pushups at every 1/3 of a lap, then 1/2 mile cool-down jog. Ends up being 2.5 mile run, 180 lunges, 180 pushups. Thx for the idea!" 


Thank YOU, Joey!  I think I'll have to try this, myself, on Monday. 


And to each of you reading this, please challenge yourself to do the same to any of the workouts I've posted here.  Modify, substitute, add in extra exercises, throw in some distance running; do what you need to do to maintain variety in your workouts.  Variation leads to guaranteed results.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment