Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"The Eight" - Take 2 (Today's S3 Conditioning)



*It drove me NUTS that I couldn't complete the assigned workout (a workout that I designed, myself) in my S3 Conditioning class last Thursday night.  Heat played a huge factor in my lame attempt at the giant superset.  So, with cooler conditions and a smaller class size, I gave "The Eight" another go this morning.  Thanks to fellow S3 CrossFitter, Chris Taylor, for pushing me the whole way through, we finished it today!!! (My time was 44:10....LONG one!)


WARM-UP:
4 Rounds -
*4 x Toes to Bar (pike up hanging from pull-up bar)
*4 x V-Up (pike up on the floor)
*4 x Knees to Elbows (tuck up hanging from pull-up bar)
*4 x Tuck Up (tuck up on the floor)


"THE EIGHT" (Equip: Barbell (65 lb.), Slam Ball (20 lb.), Set of DBs (20 lb.), 1 Heavy DB (35 lb.)
8 Rounds -
1) 8 x Slam Ball Toss - Chase - Carry Back (roll SB out in front as far as possible, run it down, carry it back)
2) 8 x Dead Hang Chin Up
3) 8 x Weighted Burpee (20 lb. DBs)
4) 8 x Sumo Deadlift High Pull (65 lb. bar)
5) 8 x Push Press (alternate Regular and Behind-the-Neck ea. rep)(65 lb. bar)
6) 8 ea. leg x Single-Leg Lateral Hop over barbell
7) 8 (4 ea. arm) x Single-Arm DB Power Snatch (35 lb. DB)
8) 8 x Deck Squat w/ 1DB (20 lb. DB)(lay flat on floor w/ DB OH, bring DB fwd., sit up, stand up, finish w/ DB OH)

No comments:

Post a Comment