Where Science Meets Fitness

No matter what your current fitness level or former athletic experience, you can learn to train like an Olympic-caliber athlete. I am Erin Borchard, a former elite springboard/platform diver (NCAA Champion and multi-year All-American at Stanford University, former member of the US National Diving Team, and two-time competitor at the US Olympic Team Trials), specializing in personal and small group training sessions. I am also a Phi Beta Kappa student with a B.A. in Human Biology; my strong science background is an ever present influence shaping and changing my training philosophy.

I want to help you push yourself to YOUR maximum...you'll be shocked to find the true athlete living inside of you.

Friday, June 1, 2012

S3 Conditioning - "The Eight"



WARM-UP:
*800m Run


*Dynamic Stretch:
8 x Toe-Hold Squat Stretch
8 ea. leg x X-Body Kick
8 ea. leg x Single-Leg Squat + Fwd. Reach


"THE EIGHT"
8 Rounds -
1) 8 x Slam Ball Roll-Chase-Carry Back (roll a 20 lb. slam ball out far, sprint after it, pick it up and run it back)
2) 8 x Dead Hang Chin-Up
3) 8 x Weighted Burpee (20 lb. DBs)
4) 8 x Sumo Deadlift High Pull (65 lb. barbell)
5) 8 x Push Press - alt. regular and behind-the-neck (65 lb. barbell)
6) 8 ea. leg x Single-Leg Lateral Hop over barbell
7) 8 x Single-Arm DB Snatch
8) 8 x Deck Squat (a.k.a. "Supine Get-Up")(1 20 lb. DB held at chest, move DB OH as you stand)

*It was crazy hot last night, and I'm pretty certain that it hindered everybody's performance.  Not a single person came close to finishing this workout.  I, for example, got through 4 full rounds and 2 rounds at half reps.  My workout plan may have been overly ambition, HOWEVER, I am anxious to try this one again on a cooler day to see if I can get a better score...maybe even this morning at S3 Conditioning??

No comments:

Post a Comment